Thursday, February 17, 2011

Harry Potter!!

(Trying to footsteps of my friend, Narendra Reddy by blogging often)

It was in my college first year that I heard about a very famous novel called Harry Potter. At that time, I neither believed in magic nor felt that I needed them.

Flash forward ten years later; life had completely changed to me and I depended on miracles to survive on a daily basis. So one day, in one of those not-feeling-to-work type of days, I decided to give Harry Potter a shot and before I realized, I was devouring through the book at break neck speed. I somehow felt that I was traversing through the same struggles that Harry was facing. I believe that everybody who read the book has somewhere felt their connection to this story in some place or other.

Even though the book lags and drags in some places, the friendship between Ron, Hermione and Harry pretty much carries the story forward and highlights the importance of great friends in our life. I was also amazed the ability of the author J.K.Rowling’s to connect every minute detail in the story to its climax. Sometimes a detail specified in one of the books is connected to a later book.Just awesome; coz I know how tough its to devise a story.

As I finished the last chapter of the last book, a certain gloom descended on me. The book series had been my best friend for over six months making me happy in depressing situations. I believe that any book I read in future would be a no-match to this absolutely great novel which has completely redefined the word MAGIC!!

P.S: Oh yes.. I have had the absolutely great opportunity to meet Voldemort and Bellatrix in real life. Blessed I am!!

1 comment:

Narendra Reddy said...

Yaaayyyyyyyyyyy... Glad to know u liked Potter story..there's no way anyone would ever escape Potter magic..it's an incredible story :-D