Tuesday, March 15, 2011

West Mambalam.

Sometimes as I ponder what I am doing in this place far far away from the people whom I love and care about, I get more questions than answers. Something seems missing from life and perhaps it because of the awesome place that had been my home for nearly 18 years that any place in this world would always not interest me.

Be it the dry and deserted Tucson, greeny Merida, hot and humid Houston or cold and snowy Denver, none can match the sheer abundance of joy and happiness in West Mambalam. With a small area of less than 1 square KM it’s always teeming with enough people to make to safe even if you return home after midnight.

Whether it is the two minute walk to a very big and cheap sabji mandi or a 5 minute walk to station where all major trains from South stop or a 10 minute walk to the bus terminus in T.Nagar or a 15 minute walk to the busiest shopping place or innumerable temples surrounding my home, I believe no place can match the sheer central location of West Mambalam. Perhaps that’s why I have never heard of any person leave my building over the last 20 years unless they had an appointment with Lord Yama.

Whats more funny is the fact that third floor apartment in my flat is costing no less than 40 lakhs INR. Well, if you wanted to buy a home in West Mambalam, you should try to contact Mani Ratnam to be casted in his movie to match upto the building costs of more than a crore in here.

Perhaps all these make my sweet home all the more pleasant and hopefully, I should soon be able to return to the place I love and to the people I care.

1 comment:

Narendra Reddy said...

Long live the dirty roads of mambalam..lol

West mambalam is slightly better though..I have fond memories of going to tution classes...sis n I used to take d train..dodge through the nasty markets n finally do some studies :-P

Amazing Place