Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The US way of Life..

Its been a long time since I have updated my blog. MBA is a very hectic course and time management is one of the crucial things that I have tried to learn though I have a long way to go in terms of perfecting it. The US way of life is so different and the fact that this was the first time I had been out of home in 24 years (yes, u heard it right ;) ) didn't make things easy. I have experienced so many highs and lows in these 4 months of the B school life than I ever have in my 24 years of college and work life.

The best fact about this life is that it makes you very independent and self reliant. The most important skill that I have learnt till now is to cook. I make good curry, sambar and rice.. things enough for basic survival :). Coming to the academics, the business communication course has completely transformed from a stage shy person to person capable to delivering a decent performance for my presentations. All the professors for courses such as economics, statistics, accounting, finance, business strategy and marketing are interactive and constantly relate the text book learnings to the real world scenarios. This helps us to understand how we can utilize this knowledge in the real world.

All said and done about life and univ, I would like to specially mention this beautiful city. The city of Tucson is at its best in the months of November and early December. It has ooty like climate in the mornings and afternoons though it gets little chilly at night. The cost of living is also very low when compared to other cities. So as I and my classmates come very close to the end of a very turbulent semester we will always carry with us the pleasant and great memories of the months gone by. Though finals are still a big 2 weeks away, all of us are forward to our India trip now(little exhausted). So that was the quick summary of B School and US life.

No comments: