Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hot.. Hotter..Hottest.. GW


The above picture says it all. As most Chennaites know, the city has been reeling under high temperatures. The sun has been unforgiving and people believe that the worst is yet to come. I would attribute the rise in temperature to GLOBAL WARMING also.

I saw a report in NDTV today where it was reported that the coral reefs around Lakshadweep islands had nearly disappeared. As coral reefs form an important link in the fragile marine ecosystem, the near disappearance of these reefs has also affected the entire marine life. I believe there have been many other severe consequences of global warming of which I have stated just one.

On this "World Earth Day", I would like to request everybody to use resources like electricity, water judiciously as each and every effort counts while saving our dear earth. I believe that we as residents of our planet can save our world for our future, as little drops of water make up an ocean.

So shall we take a pledge to do simple small things to save our dear earth??

No comments: