Friday, April 18, 2008

The Loooooong Admit Journey - Part 1

After my lucky performance in my GMAT, I thought the rest of the process would be simple. But I was grossly mistaken. The battle had started only then. GMAT was like the soldiers assembling for the battle. It’s quite boring to write about oneself :) but as soon I as began writing some essays, I saw the the 1st deadline fast approaching round the corner for Katz School of business on November 1st. Though I am not very good at using poetical words in flowery essays, I managed a decent essay. I had a delay in getting my transcripts. I guess people preparing for MBA should get their transcripts ready as soon as they take the GMAT exam or even before that. I didn’t have a hope that I would submit all the documents on time. I guess some how I managed to send my GMAT, TOEFL scores and transcripts to the school and then finished my essays and recommendation letters and just about submit a day before the deadline.. Wuh!! It was really close.

Just when I was starting to relax, I had three school deadlines on November 15th. Kelley, Eller and Fisher school of business. I was able to complete only Kelley and Eller on time. I thought I probably would not apply to Fisher but this idea soon changed through the great event – the interview. After completing my applications for Kelley and Eller, I had got an invitation from Fisher school for an interview. Man, what an interview it was!! That’s in my next blog guyz. Too big to accommodate that here.

And once again my relaxation after completing my applications was short lived as I had to complete my Purdue application on December 1st. I was totally exhausted by the whole process, because I had to combine these efforts with my office work which was equally challenging my time. I guess the whole process really shook me out of the groove. It was a great challenge to dig deep into my memory for the events that I had to write in my essays. I should specially mention my friend Prathiba who helped me prepare for my GMAT exam and also egged me on for the essays. If not for her MBA would be a difficult journey. I guess that’s what the best of friends are for!! That’s the loooong boring process of MBA document preparation.. That’s it folks..

No comments: