Monday, April 21, 2008

The Loooooong Admit Journey - Final Part!!

The final and the most antagonizing part of the MBA admission process is, waiting for RESULTS!! Anybody who has had that experience would speak about how they would get up early in the morning to check for elusive admit mail in their inbox. I had applied to five universities-Kelley, Purdue, Katz, Fisher and Eller Schools of Business. I had got an admit from Katz (Pittsburg) and was quite buoyed up. But as I enquired from the present students of Katz, I understood the fact the placements at Katz faced stiff competition from Carnegie Mellon School which was right round the corner. So I eventually decided not to take up Katz.

After my good interview with Fisher Adcom, I was expecting a definite call. I in-fact got a mail from Fisher stating that I would be considered for admission irrespective of my application submission date. I put together my best essays in the available time; though it was far short of the perfect essays I would liked to have sent. After I sent in my admission packet to Fisher, I eagerly awaited for the results. Day after day, it became a ritual for me to get up as early as 6 in the morning, to check my gmail inbox for the admit mail. Suddenly one day I logged into the Fisher admission site, only to find that I had been put on waitlist. :(

The waitlist at Fisher hit my quite hard, as I had been expecting highly from that school and had not given much interest to other schools. I believe, its better not to put all the eggs in one basket... With rejects from Kelley and waitlist from Purdue, my only hope hinged on Eller school of business. I had sent in my financial document little late and so my admit decision also came little late. I got an admit call from Eller with a very good scholarship! With the VISA process over in a month's time, hopefully I should be on my way thru to Eller.

So I guess I have learnt a lot in this pre-MBA journey, more importantly it has helped manage time better, focus my attention on creating a road map for attaining my future goals and also helped make great friends at my IMS class!!

No comments: