Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Raja of Remakes..






















The Remake Raja or the "Raja of Remakes", however you call him has come back with a hit again in his latest movie – Santosh Subramanium. The master director ‘Raja’ had given 3 big hits in the form of ‘Jeyam’, ‘M Kumaran- Son of Mahalakhsmi’ – my favourite and the 2006 release ‘Something Something-Unakkum Enakkum’. I agree with the facts that he has copied the scripts, location and everything for each of his movies, but still there is something in him which makes him choose the correct movies. How many of us can recollect a director who has given 4 hits continuously??

I believe that eventually he will make a movie of his own script and that will also be a big hit, if not a good family entertainer. The Raja-Ravi combo has been renowned for the blazing hits they have given. I didnt like the first movie ' Jeyam' that much but I loved 'M Kumaran' and ' Something Something'. The mother- son relationship shown in M Kumaran is something close to my heart and the 'Neeye Neeye' song makes my eyes moist considering the fact I would be away from my mom for two whole years. 'Something Something' Trisha was awesome. Clad in a davani she looked very cute and the story of bro-sis-love was great entertainer.
Next in line to these great movies has come Santosh Subramanium which is a great story on a father-son relationship taken from the original "Bommarillu" which ran 200 days in Andhra. Sidharth was at his THE BEST in that movie. The comparison between both the version of the movie though inevitable have started. The tamil version has been pictureized beautifully and probably is an exact replica of the telugu version with little deviations.
I believe that this movie too would scale the heights of his previous movies. Anyways I am great fan of this mastercraftsman whose worth would surely be tested in the coming years.I hope Raja will soon prove his detractors wrong and come up with a high successful movie.. of his own script .. :)

No comments: